Now you’ll learn how to integrate Arena Live Chat with Vimeo OTT easily.
First, you’ll need three things:
An Arena account
If you don’t have one yet, you can create it on arena.im
A Vimeo OTT account
If you don’t have one yet, you can create it on vimeo.com/ott/
Arena API Key
If you don´t have yours yet, contact Arena at [email protected]
First Step: The Arena Dashboard
Go to your Arena Dashboard, log in into your account, then follow these four steps:
1) Create a New Chat Room
2) Give it an easy and specific name. Then fill in the forms with your website info and preferences
3) Choose a format for your Live Chat
4) Click on Save.
Second Step: Vimeo OTT Dashboard
Go to the Vimeo OTT dashboard, log in into your account, then follow the next 10 steps.
1) Click on Manage
2) Click on Site
3) Click on Advanced
4) Paste the API that you received from Arena via email (be sure to remove any spaces in the API Key)
5) Paste in the site slug
[Getting the site slug is easy: Go back to the Arena Dashboard. Click on Profile, then on Settings, and finally on Site Settings]
6) Click on Save
7) Now click on Content, then on Live Events
8) You can add your Arena Live Chat to a previously created live event or you can create a new one
9) Let’s create one as an example: click on Create a Live Chat, then give it a name, then enter the date and time that it’ll start. Click on Next.
10) In these options, choose the Arena Live Chat with the name that you created at the beginning of this tutorial. You can configure more options if you want. Make sure to connect the encoding software that you are using right in this field. Click on Save.