To create an audience in Personas you must access the Personas tab> AUDIENCES> CREATE NEW AUDIENCE. To create an audience you must choose the option that best fits the actions that the user performed, they are:
(1) If the user performed an event;
(2) If the user has a specific interest in any subject;
(3) If the user has any custom trait.
Note (4): Before or after creating an audience segmentation, you can always choose to show anonymous users (users without email) or not.
Performed an event
It is possible to create an audience segmentation by filtering the users who performed a certain action (Event) in a specific time window (eg, last 7 days).
The Arena widgets (Live Blog, Live Chat, and Content Wall) already capture several events and are already available automatically. It is also possible to capture
customized events according to your usage scenario.
Another important event already captured automatically is the "Page Visited", which is triggered every time a user accesses a page that contains Arena Pixel.
With these options it is possible to create audiences like the following:
Users who added the product to the cart in the last 7 days
- Event: Added to Cart. Time Window: last 7 days
Users who sent a Chat message
- Event: Chat Message Published. Time Window: general
(1) You can also define the number of times the event occurred. Example:
For the number of times, the possible operators are:
- At least (Exactly) and At most.
Following the example of the audience above, we can increase:
- Users who added the product to the cart in the last 7 days, at least 2 times
By clicking + Add Property (1), you can filter and refine the target audience by selecting the specific properties of the event.
- Example: users who held the User signed Up event at least 1 time and where page.URL is equal to arena.im.
The properties are divided into two groups: Event and Context.
Event Properties are those specific to the Event.
- For example: if we have an "Added to Cart" event, an event property could be ProductID or ProductName.
Context Properties, on the other hand, are those captured and sent to all events automatically by Pixel. See the explanation of each one below:
Widget ID for events captured by Liveblog, Chat, or Content Wall
Liveblog, Chat Room ou Content Wall
Country code (ref.: IBAN)
US, BR, CA
True when accessed from a mobile device
Full URL of the page accessed
Document page referrer
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
It is also important to use the Time Window (1) option to select users who have held an event in a given period.
(2) You can determine in a specific range of time, for example, users who have held the User signed Up event at least once, where page.url is equal to arena.im and any period between the last 7 days and the last 14 days.
In this option, you can filter by users who are interested in a particular subject. We have separated a list of the main interest categories that follow a worldwide standard of content taxonomy.
You can select the main category or just a subcategory. Click here to see the complete list with all categories.
Note: In the Any or All option you can choose whether to show users with any of these categories (any) or all of them (all).
Have a custom trait
You can also create audiences based on personalized characteristics. These characteristics can be collected from your applications when a user fills out a form or signs up using an identification call.
Connecting your audience to a Destination (Integration)
After creating your audience, you can connect it to a destination on our list of integrations or simply finish the creation by downloading the CSV file (available only in the Enterprise Plan).
(select the destination already configured in your account).