Note: We recommend reading this article after setting up the prompt on your website and when some users have already signed up to receive push notifications from your website. Now let's cover step 3. Create a Campaign.
In this article you will see:
- How to create your first Campaign
- How to configure or create your Audience
- Push Notification Content
- Delivery settings
- Reviewing your push
- Save a Campaign to draft
- Managing your Campaign and status
After users subscribe to the push on your website, you can create campaigns according to your strategy and send push notifications to your audience.
How to create your first Campaign
- Web Push > First Campaign
Set a name for your campaign and click NEXT:
Configure your Audience
In this step you can select:
- All users who signed for push notifications on your site;
- Audiences previously created;
- Or create a new custom audience by clicking Create new Audience.
(3) Create a new Audience:
- First, name your audience;
- Check if you want to include anonymous users (it is recommended to check this option because when the user accesses your page and accepts the push he may not have signed up);
- Then click on + Add Condition: you must choose the type of action that your audience performed or fits better to achieve it. Learn more about creating custom audiences here.
Note: You cannot edit an audience being used by a campaign in progress. We suggest you create another audience.
After creating your audience click on CREATE AUDIENCE. Your audience will be displayed in the list of audiences, you need to select it (1) and click on NEXT (2) to continue creating your campaign.
Push Notification Content
In this step, you will configure the call to action for your push. This will be the content that the user of your audience will receive.
- Insert a title;
- A description message;
- Destination URL, it is mandatory to use HTTPS:// as a security measure, without this the campaign is not created.
- You can insert an image. If you do not insert an image it will be sent with the Arena logo.
- Remembering that all changes can be seen in the Preview on the main devices on the market.
- After filling the content of your push you can click on NEXT to go to the next step which is Delivery.
Note: Safari users are unable to register for the push, so they will not receive the notification. This happens due to a restriction by Safari itself. Arena push works on the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera.
In this step you define the delivery settings, which can be:
- Send immediately - the user receives the push when you finish setting up the campaign.
- Scheduled: you can set a date and time for sending. Note: on some devices, it may take a few minutes more than the scheduled time.
- Campaign Expiration Date: if there are campaigns with start and end dates or offer limits for example.
- UTM Tracking: UTM parameters are simply tags that you add to a URL. When someone clicks on a URL with UTM parameters, those tags are sent back to your Analytics platform for tracking.
After you finish configuring the content click on NEXT to go to Review.
This is the last step. This is where you go for a general review of your campaign, you can go back to review some point that was wrong or want to change.
If everything is right, click on FINISH to send your Push to your users. ✨🎉🎊🎇
Save a Campaign to draft
If you have started creating a campaign and need to save in the draft, just click on the arrow next to Next and click on "Save as draft".
The campaign will be visible in the list of campaigns on the Draft tab.
Managing your campaign and status
After creating and sending your campaign, a list of all the campaigns sent and the insights of each one is generated.
In the list of campaigns there are the following statuses:
- Active: Campaigns still in progress;
- Draft: when the campaign starts to deliver notifications;
- Ended: when campaign reach their expiration defined date;
- Paused: when you chose to pause the campaign;
- Upcoming: when you chose a scheduled campaign date;
- Archived: when you choose to archive the campaign.
You can also filter by status as in the example below:
Your actions for campaign management are (on the 3 points next to each campaign):
- For active campaigns, you can activate or pause;
- For paused campaigns, you can choose to activate or archive;
- For campaigns in the draft, you can edit, delete, or activate.
Note: We do not currently have the option to delete campaigns.
- SENT: number of push sent;
- DELIVERED: number of push received by users;
- OPT-OUT: number of people who opted out of the push.
- ERRORED: number of push not received or that gave some kind of error in the delivery.
- CLICKS: number of people who clicked the push.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our support team within the dashboard!